The New York Times listed Oakland in the top five of 45 places to visit in 2012 read more...
Rockridge District Association is dedicated to enhancing Rockridge through public works as well as promotional and beautification initiatives to make a strong, vibrant, diverse business center. Read the complete Neighborhood Profile (PDF)
The Rockridge District Association is the organization that makes the Rockridge District their business.
We are concerned with several important aspects of life on College Ave from Broadway to Alcatraz.
The RDA focuses on the following:
- Streetscape (making the street more attractive/ comfortable and friendly to all)
- Security (making sure the street is safe, clean/ and secure)
- Promotion (promoting Rockridge as a great place to shop, eat, relax and enjoy the best of the East Bay.)
- Land Use (how the land underlying the street is used, an important example is Safeway and the proposed changes to that piece of property and its impact on traffic and neighboring
The Rockridge District is a residential neighborhood and commercial district in Oakland, California. Rockridge is generally defined as the area east of Telegraph Avenue, south of the Berkeley city limits, west of the Oakland hills and north of the intersection of Pleasant Valley Avenue/51st Street and Broadway.
The main thoroughfare in Rockridge is College Avenue. The district is bounded by 51st Street on the south, and ends at Alcatraz Avenue to the north. The College Avenue strip running through Rockridge is home to more than 80 restaurants, cafes and upscale retail stores, including several bookstores specializing in used and rare books.
– "Rockridge, Oakland, California," Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia